Over millions of years, the planet Earth is populated by countless any more surprising than the other species. Some specimens have defied the imagination, especially in terms of size. Here are the ten largest animals that lived on our planet of all time. As a human being, you’ll actually feel very small.
These animals are as impressive as each other! It is hoped that in the future we will discover other more gigantic fossil species. Moreover, since we are far from having explored the entire seabed, perhaps we soon discover a juggernaut that will dethrone the blue whale itself! Would you like to see these creatures with your own eyes?
1. Meganeuropsis permiana: the largest flying insect
2. Arthropleura: the largest arthropod
2.5 meters long, 500 kg.
3. Titanoboa: the biggest snake in the world
60 million years, 15 meters long, 2 tons.
4. Spinosaurus: the largest land predator
110-80000000 years, 18 meters long, 9 tonnes.
5. Carcharodon megalodon: the largest marine predator
28-1500000 years, 20 meters long, 103 tons.
6. Leedsichthys problematicus: the biggest fish
170 million years, 21 meters, 50 tonnes.
7. Paraceratherium: the largest land mammal
37-23000000 years, 8 meters high, 30 tons.
8. Quetzalcoatlus: the largest living flying
65 million years, 16 meters in diameter, 6 feet tall, 250 kg.
9. Blue Whale: the largest mammal and the largest animal known to date
50 million years ago to today, 30 meters, 180 tons.
10. Amphicoelias fragillimus: the largest land animal