The Frauenkirche is a Lutheran church, designed by architect George Bähr, begun in 1726 and completed in 1743. It was considered one of the most beautiful Lutheran churches in Germany. It was almost completely destroyed, as most of the city during the Allied bombing of Dresden February 13, 1945. His identical reconstruction began in 1994 and was completed in 2005. Now it is made of black stones and colored stones.