The sources were named by Mrs. E.N. McGowan, wife of Deputy Head Park, Charles McGowan in 1883. She called it “Convolutus” – the Latin name misspelled morning glory, whose flower resembles the source. For 1889 years the name Morning Glory Pool, began to be widely used in the park. Many early guidebooks mention it under the name Morning Glory Spring.