Plaza Independencia, Montevideo

The 1836 applied by the military engineer José M. Reyes and in the following year by the Italian architect Carlo Zucchi designed Plaza Independencia is the central and largest square of Montevideo. It is located at the eastern end of the Ciudad Vieja, located on the border of Barrio Centro. From the Plaza to the east, and thus in the Centro district leads with the Avenida 18 de Julio, one of the most important streets of the capital. 1860 followed the systematization of the facade on Plaza Independencia by the architect Bernardo Poncini, 1905, a layout of the course by Carlos Thays.
ldelxaqo-1272766014 Plaza-Independencia-Montevideo-Uruguay-768x1366 2052015281_ba92cd2a20_o 6659193489_7ce75d6f76_b

Leave a Reply